Friday, October 16, 2009

Brunhilda Does A Job For The Mob?


Brunhilda here,
Finally, a reasonable week. No crooks, cuckoos, or evil-doers. I've had the pleasure of staying under the radar. As the alter-ego of the gentle real estate agent, you only get to know me when someone pushes my buttons.  But not this week. This week we worked with strong buyers, had good showings at our listings, and we had a good walk- through for a closing scheduled for Monday. Can't complain about this week. A little boring.
How about another story from the past: I'm exhausted from keeping secrets.
She came to us as a referral from a doorman. We were living in Streeterville at the time. A much desired, new construction, luxury high rise with lots of glass and concrete. This buyer was only interested in our building. She walked into the lobby looking a lot like Michelle Pfieiffer in  the 1988 film "Married to the Mob. Dark hair all puffed up, tight, tight jeans, sparkly top, heavy make up and high-spiky shoes. She must have been about 40 years old, if I were to be kind, which I am not. She chose a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom unit with a view of the park and lake. We made a very reasonable offer. Great!. It got accepted. Even better! When it was time for earnest money to be deposited, there was no problem. She said she was divorced but her Ex was going to give her the money to buy the condo. Her attorney verified this info. The check was handed over to the listing agent for deposit. No problem. Yet the listing agent kept calling. He said he had a bad feeling about her. Funny, we just weren't into the ESP or whatever.
Two days before closing, Ms Mob Chick went missing. No return of phone calls. No walk through request. No communication with her attorney. Gone! Randee wondered if her Ex really was a mob guy. The attorney had slipped a couple of times and said something about not wanting to mess with him. Now what?
Well, I, Brunhilda tracked her down the day after the NO-SHOW never closing, closing. She said she wasn't able to close, period! Now I didn't want to wait for her Ex to EXplain, so I took matters into my own hands. Now she's wearing concrete heels and swimming with da-fishes.
Speaking of fish, there's a new seafood restaurant I'm dying to try. Well, may be not dying.
Hey, I shared this with you, but don't tell Randee. She thinks the lady was punished enough by losing her $78k earnest money deposit. So, seriously, don't tell! I know you!

No comments:

Post a Comment